Monday 22 October 2012

Still Sloshing


After a couple more sessions of boot camp, I am still enjoying it. Starting to feel stronger, and enjoying it. I know that results will take some time, but damn I wish they could be more immediate! I think I may have lost a couple of pounds so far, but my butt still looks the same, and my clothes still fit the same… but I am sure the results are coming. I’ve done a couple of the at home work-outs as well, which are great. However, the last one I tried was jump-rope oriented.  Not so great for someone trying to avoid lots of jumping!! Since I was at home, and hence safe if I started to feel really ‘off’, I tried the 'Bounce 'n Burn' and I pushed through the whole workout (okay, it's only 20 minutes. But it's intense!). I’m proud of myself, and I made it through the workout and did my best to focus on the training, not the sloshing. I’ve been noticing more tinnitus lately, but I can’t say for sure if it’s the jumping, or the weather changing (it is fall!), or something else entirely.


During the 'in person' workouts, it seems that the higher my heart rate goes, the more ‘sloshing’ there is in my ears when I jump.  I am able to change the jumping exercises so that I am still working, but not jumping. My removing the jumping I am not doing something quite as high impact, which from a fitness perspective leaves me feeling frustrated, but better a little frustrated than dizzy I suppose.


There isn’t a whole lot of info out there regarding exercise and Meniere’s. Personally, I generally think that being physically active is a good thing (duh?). Growing up as a competitive swimmer, this is simply what I know. I have been active all of my life, and until a couple of years ago, very fit. When my Meniere’s symptoms first started, I was still swimming; sometimes I could not help but think that all of those flip turns finally caught up with me! It does not seem to make much of a difference to my symptoms no matter where my fitness level is at, which I find interesting. Exercise does help to decrease and manage stress, which can leads to less MD symptoms. That’s about the only connection I have been able to make so far – besides the jumping and sloshing connection, of course. Stay tuned – I am looking forward to when the ‘increased energy’ results of my fitness regime kick in – hoping that that can overpower the ‘sleepies’ that I get related to MD!

No comments:

Post a Comment