Thursday 26 May 2011

Nagging Thoughts

Well, I got away with almost 2 weeks spell free… but alas not. I woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday, and didn’t even realize anything was wrong at first… I stood up to go to the washroom, and almost fell flat on my face! I haven’t been that spinny in quite a while, so it was a little unnerving. My discomfort increased, and the steadiness of my stomach decreased… I was awake for about 2 hours or so, very, VERY uncomfortable and back and forth to the washroom the whole time – actually considered just bringing my pillow to the washroom, seemed like less work to just stay there (wouldn’t have been the first timeJ ) ! Luckily I have Mondays off, so I slept and slept until about 2 pm on Monday, and felt okay upon awakening. Yay! It was the most ‘violent’ spell I’ve had in quite a while, but at least it didn’t last long.

I am greatly anticipating a trip that I am taking home to Ontario in August – only 74 days away! I will be home for a good friend’s wedding, and will be bringing my wonderful boyfriend with me to meet the family (and friends!) there for the first time. I have lots of great plans made… but that little voice in the back of my head keep popping up when I get to excited, and brings up those nagging thoughts... ‘Hm, what if you get sick? What if you get sick the day of the wedding? Or if you can’t go for dinner to that favourite restaurant? What if you’re spinning and can’t drive to the airport to pick Cole up?’ I hate these thoughts, because as much as I know to ignore them and not focus on the negative… easier said then done. It COULD happen! It is these same thoughts that come up when I think about how fabulous it would be to take a year off life and go explore the world, or pursue my ultimate dream of travel writing…   

I know that there are much worse things that many people face that make it challenging to do things and follow dreams that they may have… I am lucky to only have to deal with this, as frustrating as it is. When it come to specifics, like the Ontario trip, I just have to keep reminding myself that no matter what it’s going to be a great little trip, and if I get sick, well I’ll get sick and deal with it when it comes. Ultimately I hope that I’ll be feeling at least a little steadier by then, but who knows. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I know the morning can be a bad time for me at times with meniere's.
    good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David! Yep, figuring out how I feel in the morning is sometimes quite the challenge, and even on a good day getting out of bed can seem like running a marathon!!

    ReplyDelete